Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 23-- Wimmer's Meats/ Ambassador Natural Casing Weiners

Usually I am a stickler about cost and purchasing a product to try and eat, but every time I am in the sausage/hotdog area, these seem to jump out at me. Maybe it is the name, Ambassador, like I should be smoking a huge cigar with it or something. So I spent a little more and went ahead and bought these. Rather spendy at $7, so this will be the ultimate test of "if you pay more, does it taste better?"

Truth be told, not really. The casing on these are a little thinner that what I am used to, so if you grill them, take extra care to watch these on the grill so they don't explode. They are a beef/pork combined style dog, which you get the hint of both of them when eating, but because they are hardwood smoked, I tended to get more of the beef flavor. The smoked aspect of these dogs was nice, but nowhere near spending the extra cash on them.

So as consumers, we know that because you spend a ton of money on something, it doesn't mean it is going to be any better, and that can now be added to hotdogs. Give these a try if you are wanting to be super baller, but not worth trying to feed a whole neighborhood cookout with these.

Taste 3/5
Cost 1/5
Eating A Dog That Makes You Think Of Castro (No points on Communism baby, we're all equal for the good of the dog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment