Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 3-- Johnsonville Polish Kielbasa

You might be thinking "two Johnsonville brands in two days, is this guy serious?" well get ready because I do have more Johnsonville products coming up over the next few days. Like I said, I need to find things that are readily available mostly nationwide. I figure I'd go with the easier stuff first, and then have to start really digging around as time goes on.

Anyways, Polish sausage can really be hit or miss in my experiences with eating it. Sometimes you get one that is spot on and delicious, and other times it has some funky tastes to it. Johnsonville did it pretty good.

Orange in color, a little thicker casing around it, and easy grilling ability make this a nice addition to any grilling time. It has a distinct taste to Johnsonville's ring bologna and I assume that is where they are getting the meat from with this. Basically, if you want the taste of ring bologna but don't have that many people to feed, then grab a package of these. First bite without condiments were alright, but this is one that you can feel no shame throwing some ketchup and mustard on. I added some Franks Kraut to give it a little more flavor as well.

On it's own, a very easy and eatable sausage. You could try this with kids who are picky eaters and don't like the stronger taste of something like a bratwurst. Johnsonville pretty much made a jumbo hot dog with these sausages. I would also suggest cooking this up and tossing it in with some skillet potatoes and veggies for a nice hearty breakfast.

Go ahead and give it a shot, but don't feel like you will be missing out on much if you decide to pass it up. Your grocer has plenty of other options and I would give those a try first. If you are a picky eater and don't like overbearing flavors, then give this one a shot. Don't get mad at me if it ends up being a gateway sausage into trying other tubed meats!

Taste 3/5
Need Condiments 4/5
Appeal To Picky Eaters 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment