Saturday, July 2, 2011

Johnsonville Chili Cheese

I apologize for being so late, but with the holiday weekend and family in town for the Brewers/Twins tilt, it was hard to sneak this in.

When going to the store to stock up on supplies for this blogstravaganza, I saw Johnsonville had a few new flavors/types out. Chili Cheese was one that caught my eye and I had to take advantage of it as I am a fan of anything chili cheese oriented.

Grilling this sausage up is like grilling up any other type of brat/sausage. It cooks well and it browns up nice and quick to let you know it is done. Appearance is dark orange and reminds me of a cheddar wurst (we'll get into this another time). Casing is nice and thick to give you that distinctive crunch sound when you bite into it.

Per the suggestion of a user on S10Forum, I should mention my first bite of this (as well as the other one) was done without any sort of condiment or bun to get full flavor. This chili cheese sausage is fantastic in taste and needs no condiment! Honestly, it is that good. Which you wouldn't expect with such a mass produced product like the chili cheese sausage. My cousin Jenny can be quoted saying "it is like a chili cheese dog but without the mess. It is spot on to it." I whole completely agree with her. It is exactly like any type of chili cheese dog but no mess. There is a perfect balance of cheese, chili, and the taste of meat.

Chili Taste 4/5
Cheese Taste 4/5
Sausage Taste 4/5

Run out and get this right away as a means to throw a curveball into your holiday grilling routine. Friends and family will thank you for it. I will have another update later in the day when I grill out for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment