Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Days 25 and 26--Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Why two days to cover corn dogs? Because yesterday at the store I couldn't believe what I saw. Yellow meat packaging with 4 corn dogs, for around a $1.50. No way!!! And chicken nuggets too?! I must be seeing things. So I got to thinking, "I thought more expensive dogs would be better, how about a little reverse psychology!"

Yesterday I popped on in the oven like I always do, took it out, and it looked promising. Looks were deceiving that day. And today. I just couldn't wrap my head around how someone could fuck up a corn dog like this!!!!

Even when properly baked, the outer coating gets too damn hard. Today I tried to lessen the heat and time, still rock hard. Once you break your teeth on the Jawbreaker style coating, the meat in the middle has no distinct taste. What a perfect harmony. It's like adding sprinkles to a shit sundae. For a $1.50, you're better off baking those corn dogs and using them as anchors on your next boat outing. Don't worry about the fish, it will take decades before they nibble through that. And the water?! HA! Water will actually be repelled from these suckers. You thought grandmas fruitcake was tough to swallow, spend a dollar fifty and put these bad boys to the test. Hell, I offered my dog a bite and she spit it out. SHE SPIT IT OUT!

Taste 0/5
Cost 5/5 (you were warned cheapskates!)
Ability To Cook 4 Fully Functional Paper Weights 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment