Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 8-- Ball Park Angus Beef Franks

Remember when Jordan played baseball for the White Sox? Remember when he came back to basketball and killed it AGAIN? Jordan was the damn man when I was growing up. I can't stand professional basketball, but when MJ played, it was something to be seen. Much like Gretzky and hockey. If you were never a fan you could at least try and sit through a few shifts of an Edmonton or L.A. game hoping to see The Great One add on to his already incredible statistical career.

Why am I bringing these sports references into play? Because MJ had a string of commercials where he promoted Ball Park hotdogs.



Ball Parks were always advertised as being bigger and better than the competitors. When I was a kid, their hotdogs tasted like all the others and as I grew older, it didn't matter what mom had gotten at the store, as long as I could put ketchup, steak sauce, or salsa on it (not at the same time, but I had some odd condiment preferences as a kid).

These black angus ones caught my attention, because I usually associate black angus meat with steaks or burgers. So why not give them a shot?

Totally worth it! I actually think I prefer these to the Hebrew National ones I reviewed yesterday. A bit thicker, more in the pack for less money, AND a little less calories per dog. Win-win to me. Sadly, they are not Kosher, but for those with no religious obligations when eating meat, these are well worth it! These actually had a bit more beef flavor to them and not so heavy on the pork like other hotdogs I have had, which is a nice change up when you serve up hotdogs. If you buy a pack of these, I can bet you won't regret it.

Taste 5/5
Value 4/5
Endorsed By Michael Jordan In The 90's Factor (No number scale can handle it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment