Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 4-- Johnsonville New Orleans Style Sausage

Hello and happy 4th of July everyone. Hope nobody has blown their fingers off today, and you can celebrate easier tonight knowing I haven't either.....yet. Today I decided to go with a little southern hospitality and tried some New Orleans style sausage.

As noted yesterday, I thought that the Polish Sausage would be a good fit for picky eaters, but I was wrong, THIS is the ideal sausage for picky eaters (well thus far anyways). Casing is pretty thin, color, smell do not exist, and the taste is for the most part pretty bland. I honestly could not find any sort of spice or a hint of anything that would make it stand out. Talk about a disappointment. Just like all of these other Johnsonville sausages, it grilled up easy, and that is about the only thing that makes it tolerable. The fact you can grill and eat it in a matter of minutes is the only good thing I can find about this sausage. Readers, help this guy out and tell me what I should be looking for in a southern Andouille style sausage.

The package even shows this cooked up and put in with rice and shrimp. Thank God for the shrimp, because that is going to be the only product to give that dish any flavor. I would say use this product as a filler or add in to a dish that could use a little extra protein, but only if you are out of beef, pork, or chicken.

Taste 0/5
Great Ability To Be A Filler 5/5
Ability To Be Eaten On It's Own 0/5

I do have a saving grace for today, downtown Stillwater Minnesota has a little restaurant that makes a spot on Chicago style hot dog. Now that's a proper 4th of July eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment